Do you love photography? Are you a professional photographer? Are you interested in taking part in a photo contest? If the answer to all these questions is a Big Yes then you must have heard about Wiki Loves Earth Photography Competition that is also called as Wikipedia Photo Contest.
Wiki Loves Earth Photography Competition is an annual photo contest being organized by Wikipedia Administration since 2013. Each year it attracts thousands of photographers and camera operators around the world including Pakistanis that also take part in this competition.
In fact, one competition has been won by a Pakistani as well. This year Wikipedia is again set to organize Wiki Loves Earth Photo Contest 2018 and dates for submission of photos have been announced too.
- Register on Commons or login, using your account.
- Find the lists of natural objects for your country.
- Upload your photos from protected areas.
How to upload photos to Wiki Loves Earth
Terms and Conditions
- If you can meet the following criteria along with photos being uploaded then you are welcome to apply for the Wiki Loves Earth Photo Contest 2018.
- Photos must be self-taken
- Photos must be self-uploaded during the content period May and June 2018
- It must be under a free license
- Contain an identified natural monument, natural park or protected area
- The candidate must be nominated through a national contest
- Photo must be at least 2 Mpx
- Applicants must have an activated email ID
There is no limit on a number of photos being submitted. However, the administration advises uploading the best and quality photos to get more chances of winning. Moreover, the applications Photoshop or edit their photos as well before submission. However, over process temptation is not allowed as it is photographic competition not a computer art contest.
If you are interested in taking part in the contest, then submit photos that are as large as possible as Wiki Loves Earth value high-resolution images for many purposes including print.
Even if you may not be entering in the expectation of winning one of the prizes, your entry can still give you the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped to document your local environment and natural heritage and that you have made your images freely available for future generations. That you have contributed to or even become part of a growing community (Wikipedia) that believes in making knowledge freely available to all.