HEC Degree Attestation is the program launched by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) to attest the local degrees, transcripts (DMCs) provisional certificates and diplomas. It is important to note there that attesting the foreign degrees, certificates or any kind of deeni asnaad is not in the duties of HEC. Instead of attesting foreign certificates or degrees, applicants are required to get equivalence certificate from HEC that will be determined by the equivalence cell of HEC.
Requirements for Degree Attestation
Before going for degree attestation, the applicant is required to manage the following first to avoid any kind of difficulties.
- Online Degree Attestation Application form (of the same day).
- Following original documents as per qualification of the candidates
- Matric or Secondary School Certificate
- Fsc, Intermediate or Higher School Certificate
- Bachelor Degree and onwards documents to be provided along with result cards/transcripts/DMCs.
- Copy of CNIC (local) or passport in case of foreigners
- In the case of foreign degrees or deeni asnaad, attach HEC equivalence certificate.
- Provide the following with detailed mark certificate or transcript if degree has not been issued:
- Verification letter from the controller of examination of the concerned institutes
- The applicant must have passed degree program within the 03 years from the date of commencement of examination.
- Application for attestation must be submitted by the degree or certificates holder. In case of person other than non-holder, following documents are required to provide:
- Attested authority letter by the Grad 17 officer in favour of authorized person
- CNIC of the authorized person
- Applicants of deeni madaris who wants to attest ‘Shahadataul Almiya fil uloomm al Arabia wal Islamia’ are required to enter particulars of Middle, Aama, Khasa while filling online application form and also attach equivalence certificate issued by HEC.
- Those who wants to attest “CPSP Fellowship or Membership” certificate are required to first verify it from the controller of examinations of CPSP before submitting to HEC.
The online degree attestation application as per Step-1 is available here.
Note: Those who wants to get documents attested through third person/authorized person, courier service or self-submission are required to select the proper option while filling online application. The application for attestation via courier service must be submitted to the only selected courier service by the applicant while filing the online application.
Note: If you want to get attested photocopies of original then first you are required to attest the original documents otherwise the photocopies will not entertain for attestation.
HEC Degree Attestation Fee
Degree attestation free rates are.
- Rs. 800 for each original document
- Rs. 500 for each photocopy
- Fee is required to submit at HEC fee counter (Window No. 1)
- Those who wants to attest documents through Leopard Courier Services or Overseas Courier Service are required to pay the fee to these services in addition to their service charges.
- International students can submit the documents through FedEx.
HEC Degree Attestation Department
- Fee is required to submit at HEC fee counter (Window#1)
- Document or photocopies for attestation are required to be submitted at HEC Computer Lab
HEC Degree Attestation Delivery Time Period
- Time for submission of documents for attestation is 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Monday to Friday). However, the token for submission will be provided between 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM.
- Documents of walk-in applicants will be returned on the same day after attestation. Daily 240 applications for attestation are entertained by the HEC. If you want to get documents at same day then approach early.
- In the case of documents send via approved courier services it will take 15 days for return.
- For courier through FedEx (foreign), it will take 20 days for attestation.
- Ph.D. attestation will be done within 09 days of application submission.
HEC Degree Attestation Centres
The timing for application submission is same for all centres. Moreover, during online application, the applicant is required to select the centre for attestation.