Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB) has launched a matchless service that is first in the world of its kind. Socially connected, Visa enabled Mobile Wallet known as MCB Lite is a mobile account that comes with Visa Card. It enables its subscribers to endless possibilities like shopping, transactions online and it can be used as an ATM card globally. In addition consumers of this Mobile Wallet will be able to manage the account online as well via internet.
Imran Maqbool who is the President and CEO of Muslim Commercial Bank, Ali Kazmi who heads the group of retail, Qasif Shahid who heads the Digital banking and Business development sector and many other stakeholders were present on this occasion accompanied by media as well.
As a part of their marketing campaign the MCB asked public a question “Are you getting the most out of your smart phone?” This indeed was a thought provoking question and as far as we the people are concerned, we certainly do not make use of our smartphones to the full potential they can provide us with.
It is very easy to activate the MCB Lite account. This can be done either by visiting any of the MCB branches in your area, by calling them on their helpline or you can simply send SMS to 6222 and write “Lite” in the SMS.
Now that you have activated your MCB Lite account, you can deposit cash in it from your MCB account or any other bank account.
Now you are ready to use your MCB Lite bank account like any other regular bank account but now you have a number of new options in your grasp. You can shop online or in those areas where Visa Cards are accepted, pay utility bills (through internet or Android App), you can do online transactions and many other things.
It is important to know that if you want to use your MCB Lite account online, you will have to activate your account for online usage and the important thing is that currently no transaction charges are associated with the payments you make over internet from your bank account.
MCB Lite Bank Account Features
- It is accepted globally
- Bank Independence is a feature that allows your MCB Lite Mobile Wallet to reside on top of your existing bank account. It allows you to use your mobile wallet in conjunction with your current bank account and you can load it by using IBFT or visit MCB branches for this purpose.
- Usage has no limits.
- Online shopping has never been safer and easier as it is with MCB Mobile Wallet.
- Payment can be sent to anyone like
- Any other MCB Lite subscriber
- Any other person having MCB Bank Account
- A person having any other Bank account (via IBFT)
- Any person having a valid CNIC (This feature is coming soon)*
- Payment of utility bills is very easy and convenient
- Mobile Top Ups and payment of mobile bills of all five Telecom companies in Pakistan
In short, by using MCB Mobile Wallet, it becomes very time saving and convenient to perform almost all of your major financial tasks by sitting in a room having your mobile phone and access to internet.