Home - Education - Punjab Youth Internship Program 2013-14 (PYIP 2013-14)

Punjab Youth Internship Program 2013-14 (PYIP 2013-14)

(Last Updated On: 14/01/2014)

Punjab government has taken a brilliant step that will help youth equip with productive skills that ultimately will expose them to better employment opportunities.

Punjab Youth Internship Program is the name of this program and it majorly aims to provide practical training to the educated youth of Pakistan that currently are unemployed.

First phase of this internship program focuses on benefiting 20,000 freshly graduated youth who will receive training and a monthly stipend for the duration of the internship.

Advertisement

On successful completion of this internship program, the internee will be awarded an internship completion certificate. This certificate will be awarded by the private or government organisation where the internee completed the internship. Government has decided that 20% candidates will be posted in government organisations while the rest 80% will be posted in private organisations.

Punjab Youth Internship Program 2013-14
Punjab Youth Internship Program 2013-14

How to Apply for Punjab Youth Internship Program 2013-14

The only way to apply for Punjab Youth Internship Program 2014 is through the “Punjab Youth Placement Bureau Official Website”.

Pypb.punjab.gov.pk/Registration

Keep in mind that last date for registration is 20th of January 2014 so all those who intend to participate in the Punjab Youth Internship Program 2014 should make haste.

Eligibility Criteria

The following criteria must be fulfilled by the unemployed youth in order to be deemed eligible for Punjab Youth Internship Program 2014.

  • Minimum age should be 16 years while maximum age should not be more than 30 years.
  • 16 years of education is must before applying to this internship program OR must have Technical / Vocational Diploma, DAE, Sub-Engineers, Health Technicians, Paramedics, Agriculture & Livestock Technicians
  • The degrees or diplomas should be verifiable from their respective institutions i.e. HEC and respective recognized Technical Boards
  • Domicile of Punjab Province is must for availing this internship program
  • Valid CNIC or Form B is a must
  • Year of passing the degree / diploma must be in the year 2011 or onwards
  • Those who have already availed Punjab Youth Internship Program in 2012-13 cannot apply in PYIP 2013-14
  • Those who applied for PYIP in 2012-13 and got selected but were not awarded any internship can avail this opportunity and can re-apply

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How Much Stipend Will I Get?

Duration of this internship program is six months and a monthly stipend for these months will be paid via Easy Pay Card. Worth of monthly stipend will be 12000 PKR only.

  • What are the Benefits of Punjab Youth Internship Program?

The internee will be placed according to his academic credentials that will give him an environment to learn practically about his/her own relevant field. Skills and experience gained within the candidates’ relevant field will help open a lot of doorways for the candidates.

  • In case of leaving internship, is there any penalty?

If the internship program is discontinued by the candidate and the reasons for leaving the program are properly communicated, then there will be no monetary penalty. However from that point on, no stipend will be given and no experience certificate can be claimed.

  • Can internee transfer their internship from one organisation to other?

Internship must be completed in the designated organisation. No transfer from the designated organisation will be carried out.

  • If I get a job during internship, can I quit PYIP 2013-14?

Yes, you are allowed to quit the internship program but you must follow the exit strategy of the PYIP 2013-14 employer.

Advertisement
  • My results for final semester is awaited, can I apply for PYIP 2013-14?

No you cannot apply and will have to wait for the result. If the result is announced before the commencement of PYIP 2013-14, then you can apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *