For the financial aid of the merit and need based student of the country, Higher Education Commission of Pakistan from time to time introduce the different scholarship. USAID funded merit and needs based scholarship program is also the initiative of the HEC to minimize the gap of socio economic problems of the deserving and needy students by providing them access to higher education by way of need based and merit based scholarships.
The HEC in partnership with the USAID has been providing scholarships to talented and deserving students to get higher education for past many years. These scholarships are being offered in the field of energy, economic development, agriculture sector, business administration, social sciences, and medical sciences.
Eligibility Criteria for USAID Merit and Needs Based Scholarship
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the prescribed disciplines at the selected 31 Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions
- Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences
b. Business Administration
c. Social Sciences
d. Engineering & Tech.
- Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 and 5 ) and Graduate (2 Years and 3.5 years) programs
- Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/ professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the financial background of his/her family
- Agricultural (incl. Veterinary Sciences and Bio Technology)
II. Social Sciences includes (Peace &Conflict Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Linguistics, Law, Communication and Media studies, International Relations, and Psychology)
III. 50% Female Seats
USAID Merit and Needs Based Scholarship Composition:
Comprehensive scholarship offered under this program provides funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
How to Apply for USAID Merit and Needs Based Scholarship
The deserving students can apply online for USAID scholarships by clicking on “Apply for scholarships” given below.
After submission of online application, Save and print. The printed Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the Financial Aid Office of university for which online application is submitted
Students need to get admission in any one of the approved disciplines (Agriculture & Veterinary sciences, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering & Tech., Medical) at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
Application form are also available here
USAID Merit and Needs Based Scholarship Application Form