The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has announced the fourth batch of Phase II of Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Program. By launching these types of grants and financial aids, HEC aims to invest more in human capital and want to promote the educational and research culture in the country.
HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- a) Pakistani/AJK National
- b) For MS/MPhil, the candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of education with no 3rd Division or Grade D in degree/certificate in the entire academic career.
- c) Candidates applying for direct D. scholarships must have minimum CGPA 3.0( out of 4.0 on the semester system), or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/Equivalent degree is required along with the condition mentioned above in clause (b).
- d) Maximum age at the closing date of application i.e. December 15, 2015: i. 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of a public sector university/DAIs and regular employee of the public sector/R&D organizations ii. 35 years for all others.
- e) The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2017 Online Registration
Move to the http://eportal.hec.gov.pk#sthash.PdMfVJJ8.dpuf.
a) New Users (Registration)
‘Login’ for new users. Fill the available information on the page and create Common Profile.
- Click on ‘Register’ for new users and follow the steps stated below:
- You will be required to create user ID by using your CNIC (without dashes) as User ID and select your password.
- Create an Account and fill the required information available on the screen.
- Click and obtain ‘Mobile Code’ on your provided mobile no. for further process. (Currently, MNC / Ported numbers are not supported)
- After receiving a code on your mobile enter the code.
- Enter your email ID and click Send Code. You will receive a code on your provided email.
- Please enter a valid email ID.
- Perform code verification and click on submission.
- You will be registered successfully. Please check your email for further information.
- You will be required your created ‘User ID’ & ‘Password’ then ‘Sign in’ on HEC E-portal.
- Complete online profile section wise at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk
- Click ‘Scholarships and Grants’ on left ‘Navigation’ and Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Program. Now follow instructions, fill and submit the form successfully.
b) ‘Sign In’ for already have Common Profile at HEC E-Portal
If you already created user ID at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk, then click & enter User ID and password and ‘Sign in’ and proceed further for the scholarship by Clicking ‘Scholarships and Grants’ on left ‘Navigation’ and Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Program. Now follow instructions, fill and submit the form successfully.
Financial Support Under Ph.D. Fellowship for 5000 Scholars PHASE-II
- Stipend to Scholars for 1st 02 years during MS period @ Rs.12, 000/- per month with Rs. 1,000/- increment per year.Stipend to Scholars for last 03 years during Ph.D. period @ Rs.18, 000/ per month with Rs. 1,500/- increment per year.
- Book Allowance @ Rs.5000/ p.a.
- Thesis charges @ Rs.10,000/- to scholar (once at completion)
- Laptop for Scholars @ PKR 60,000/- (once)
Support to University
- Tuition fee, reference books, back volumes, chemical abstracts, stationery, software, the internet, etc. @ RS. 100,000/- p.a.
- Support to University during Ph.D. duration (03 years) for lab/workshop equip., consumables, and supplies, etc. @ RS. 60,000/ p.a.
- Thesis evaluation charges to the university from abroad on completion. @ Rs. 20000/- (once)
Grant /Research incentives to Supervisor (BASR approval, Ph.D. completion, thesis submission, etc. @ Rs. 150,000/-Maximum