Punjab Government has finally launched the Pink Motorcycle Scheme for Women that were supposed to be launch as Pink Scooty Scheme for Women. The idea was first proposed during a high official meeting about two years ago when Punjab Government decided to launch schemes for Women Empowerment in the society.
Two years before Special Monitoring Unit of the Chief Minister Punjab had also organised a campaign Women on Wheels. The aim, of the campaign and workshop, was to provide free lessons of motorcycle driving to women in the near future for increasing their presence in public.
Last Date to Submit Application
The last date for submission of application is Feb 25, 2018.
The scheme is currently available for the following five cities of Punjab:
Any woman who is between the age of 18 to 40 years, holding valid motorcycle driving license, resident in Punjab and self-employed or studying in above-mentioned cities is eligible to apply for the scheme.
The applicants also need to fulfil the following conditions:
- Having a valid CNIC
- Maximum monthly income of self if employed or guardian if dependent does not exceed Rs. 30,000.
- Must be Matric passed
- Express consent of Parent or Guardian on application form with one Guarantor. The guarantor can be parent or guardian as well.
Amount of Subsidy, Loan and Installment Procedure
Equity Subsidy by Punjab Government – Rs. 24,975
Loan Amount Financed by Bank of Punjab – Rs. 22,275
Down Payment by Applicant –Rs. 27,000
Monthly instalment payable for repayment of BoP Loan is Rs. 1,856.
Punjab Government Women on Wheels Pink Motorcycle Application Form
Application form can be availed from Bank of Punjab and are also available here to download
Once the application is filled, and all documents are completed, applicants need to submit the same at a designated branch of Bank of Punjab along with form processing fee of Rs. 3,000.
Balloting of successful applicants will be announced by the Government of Punjab and list will be placed on the official website of the Bank of Punjab.
Documents to Attach with Application Form
Applicants also need to attach following documents along with application form
- Valid CNIC
- One Photograph
- An affidavit that the “Maximum Monthly income of applicant (if employed) or guardian/household (if not employed) does not exceed Rs 30,000” (Format of affidavit available on www.bop.com.pk)
- Matric / equivalent certificate
- In case the applicant is a student, her educational institution’s ID card or enrolment letter or copy of last paid fee.
- Copy of CNIC of Guarantor (in case applicant not employed)
- Valid Driving License / Learners License
- Punjab Domicile
Women Pink Motorcycle Specs
The price of the motorbike is Rs. 67,500
The colour of the motorbike is Pink
The SMU is an entity of the GOP and is being supervised directly from the Chief Minister Office. The SMU aims to bring reforms in law and orders in the following:
- Violence against Women Centres (VAMC)
- Model Graveyards
- Transforming Current Policing Model
- Dealer Vehicle Registration System (D.V.R.S)
- Token Tax Identification Stickers
- Specialty Plates
- Introduction of Camera Integrated Traffic Fines
- Traffic Reforms