HEC Indigenous Scholarship is the special scholarship program by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan to increases the number of high quality and well-educated staff for the local universities. This scheme contains the 5000 Indigenous Scholarship. By this process, HEC wants to ensure the development of research and development sector of local public and private sectors universities via these qualified academics and researchers.
The emphasis of the scholarship is in all educational fields particularly science & technology, social sciences, humanities and life sciences.
HEC Indigenous Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
As per Higher Education Commission of Pakistan to be eligible for the Indigenous Scholarship the willing candidates are required to meet the following requirements.
- A) Pakistani/AJK National
- B) For MS/MPhil, the candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of education with no 3rd Division or Grade D in degree/certificate in the entire academic career.
- C) Candidates applying for direct Ph.D. scholarships must have minimum CGPA 3.0( out of 4.0 on the semester system), or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/Equivalent degree is required along with the condition mentioned above in clause (b).
- D) Maximum age at the closing date of application i.e. December 15, 2016 (date not announced it is estimated as last year data was December 15, 2015): i. 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector university/DAIs and regular employee of the public sector/R&D organizations ii. 35 years for all others.
- e) The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
Process of Submission of Application
Applicant should fill Online Application at eportal.hec.gov.pk and after Online Submission Post the printed form along with the requisite documents and copy of Fee Slip at the address below till closing date:
Indigenous Ph.D. Program
Human Resource Development Division
Higher Education Commission
Last Date to Apply for HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2016 – 2017
HEC Indigenous Scholarship for the session 2016 – 2017 not announce yet. In the year 2015, the last date to apply was December 15, 2015. So, expectations are high that date will be around this date.
HEC Indigenous Scholarship Test Date
Expected test date for HEC Indigenous Scholarship for the year 2016 – 2017 will be in March 2017. For the information of applicant, NTS GAT is not valid. Separate test will be organized by the HEC.