Most of the Pakistani goes for Google or some other reliable sites to check the weather conditions and today temperature of their areas. However, most of them are unaware of the fact that there is also another credible source in Pakistan that provides the weather forecast, conditions, and temperature on a daily basis. It is Pakistan Meteorological Department that delivers the weather conditions and temperature of Pakistani cities on a daily basis.
At ww.web.pk, we are embedding the temperature area of PMD so that our users can get the straightforward weather conditions of their cities.
Below listed section contains the maximum temperature situation of Pakistani cities.
About Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD)
Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) is both a scientific and a service department, and functions under the Cabinet Secretariat (Aviation Division). PMD is responsible for providing meteorological service throughout Pakistan to a broad range of interest and for numerous public activities and projects which require climatic information.
Apart from meteorology, the department is also extending services in the fields of Hydrology, Earthquake Seismology and Geomagnetism. PMD operates under World Meteorological Organization (WMO) umbrella as 198 member states of the world and acts as National Meteorological and Hydrological Service of Pakistan. WHO has divided into eight meteorological regions and Pakistan lies in Regiion#2 known as Regional Association II which includes Asia and Pacific. Director General of PMD is vice president of RA-II and Permanent Representative of Pakistan.
Main Areas of Operation
- Aviation Meteorological services
- Hydro-meteorological services and flood forecasting
- Agrometeorological services
- Climatological services
- Geophysical and seismological services
- Weather forecasting services to public through electronic and print news media
- Astronomical information services
- Met forecast for mountaineering expedition
- Marine metrological services
- Climatological data processing for scrutinizing, comparing and publishing
- Safety of civil, armed forces aviation operations, VVIP flights, and marine activities
- Early warning of natural hazards such as Tropical Cyclones, Heavy Rains, Heat Waves, Floods, Earthquake, etc.
- Astronomical information like sighting of moon, solar and lunar eclipse
- Glacier Monitoring and Research
- Glacial Lakes Outburst flood warning