As a Fulbright scholarship grant recipient who’ll be planning for Masters this current year, I want to share with potential applicants to the world’s biggest Full bright program some facts which may be beneficial in this particular respect.
Fulbright Scholarship is one of the most prestigious Foreign Scholarship for Pakistani students by the US Department of State. Fulbright Scholarship in Pakistan is monitored by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and each year HEC select the candidates to go for study in the US on Fulbright Scholarship Program.
Fulbright Scholarship is funded by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, while the United States Educational Foundation manages it in Pakistan. The Fulbright Scholarship basically assists the graduate study in Masters and PhD program in the United States.
What Fulbright Scholarship Covers?
The program covers the all educational expenses of the selected candidates. The program covers all expenses including academic fee, textbooks expenses, airfare, living expenses and also health insurance.
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan also assists the selected applicants with visa process as well. Fulbright Scholarship gives the selected candidates a chance to study in the top Universities in the United States for Pakistani Students.
Fulbright Scholarship 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Getting Fulbright Scholarship is itself a tough thing. The intended applicants of the Fulbright Scholarship need to meet the following tough criteria to get selected for Fulbright Scholarship 2018.
- Strong academic history
- The applicant must be residing and working in Pakistan and must be returned to Pakistan after successful completion of study and serve in Pakistan
- Applicants from all disciplines are eligible to apply except of the medical students. The applicants of Water, Energy, Agriculture, Health and Education are highly encouraged to apply
- Eligible Master’s students will have a 04-year Graduation Degree or a Graduation and Master combination of 16 years of formal education and PhD applicants will have Master, MPhil or a comparable degree of 18 years of formal education from an accredited university or Degree Awarding Institute
- GRE test for all educational disciplines in mandatory for all applicants. Applicants must also have cleared TOEFL in order to apply for the Fulbright Scholarship Program
- Applicants also should be prepared to complete grants without accompanying dependents, if need be.
Bond Signing Requirement
All selected candidates will be required to select a contract with USEFP and PhD selected candidates to need to sing bond with HEC to return to Pakistan after completion of the study in the United States and serve in Pakistan for the number of year’s equivalent to the length of scholarship acquired.
The Fulbright Scholarship Contract is also redeemable on a year for year basis and a minimum of two years as long as a person fulfils the service requirement and do not need to pay anything.
How to Apply for Fulbright Scholarship 2018?
The complete application process includes the following:
- An application form
- Three reference letters
- GRE score report and
- Scanned transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree, should be uploaded. Please note that HEC-attested documents are not required for the application. Degree and transcripts need only be attested by the issuing authority.