With the development in the field of technology and communication, public sectors departments have been continuously moving towards e-government system. Pakistan is also among those countries where e-government system is gradually making place along with manual ways of working. In fact, e-government system us now the priority areas of the national IT policy and Action Plan.
With the aim of accommodating the citizens of Punjab province, Excise Department of Punjab has introduced Motor Transport Information Management System using which any person can get the vehicle records and related field operations to reduce hassle.
Punjab Information Technology Board has developed the new management and controlling system that improved the existing practices in such a manner that multiple queries may help to retrieve any information on a board spectrum.
It is now very easy for a buyer to know about registration of the vehicle. The system also comes up with the engine and chassis number of the vehicle. Now you won’t have doubts on the legal documents of the vehicle before and after buying. For sellers, it’s very easy to ensure the documents to the buyer just by asking the buyer to check it on the website and then cross check the records.
The good about this system is that if you have no internet connection, then you can still get the information using your mobile. Here we are telling the both procedures.
Online Vehicle Registration by Punjab MTMIS via Website
Move to the website http://mtmis.punjab.gov.pk and enter the vehicle number as ABC 123 or whatever it is. In response, you will get tax or token submission date, and the name of the owner. This service can be used for verifying both motorcycles and cars registration.
Online Vehicle Registration by Punjab MTMIS via SMS
The procedure is same, just type the registration number in the format of ABC 1234 or whatever it is and send to 9966. You will get the status instantly. Charges are Rs. 1 +tax for each inquiry.
Introduction of Proper Registration Mechanism in all the 36 Districts of the Punjab:
- Customized Application of Motor Vehicle Registration with an outstanding Process Flow.
- Replication, deployment, training and maintenance of MVR Application in all the districts of the Punjab.
- Establishment of LAN Infrastructure at the district
- Connectivity among all the Excise offices of the Punjab.
- Centralized Databases.
- The application is ready for online Token Tax Collection.
- Registration of more than 3.6 Million Vehicles of different categories.
- Facilitating LEAs by specifying Alphabets and Colors scheme of Registration Marks / Number Plates.
- Introducing Specific Area Code preceded by category code (3rd Alphabet).
- Web-based Tax Calculator for New Registration & for Post Registration Transactions.
- State of the art facility in DHA Office Lahore has been launched.
- Creation of Collection Centers for increasing revenue & efficient collection.
- Mobile VAN for efficient Tax Collection.
- Data Entry and Document Scanning of Historical files.
- Automation stationery printing for issuing notices to tax defaulters.
- Online connectivity with Customs Authorities for the verification of imported vehicles.
- Online Data Sharing with other Provinces.
- Online Verification of Vehicle through: http://mtmis.punjab.gov.pk
- Delivery of Documents through Courier Services.
- Document Scanning of the Registered Vehicles.
- The introduction of Return File System.
- 2 Millions of Vehicles have been digitized scaled up to 8.6 Million.
- An amount of Rs. 23 Billions have been collected so far under said project.