Figs in urdu Anjeer is one of fruit rich with vitamins, minerals and fiber content. Fig also contains lot of healing properties. Fig leaf used for diabetes, high cholesterol, and skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It is used as fresh as well as dried form.
1. Improves digestion: Figs are rich in fiber which ensures healthy bowel movement thereby preventing constipation.
2. Helps in weight loss: Apart from being rich in fiber, dried figs are low in calories. One piece of dried fig gives you just 47 calories. And, you obtain only 0.2 grams of total fat per dried fig. Who want to lose weight can eat Anjeer.
3. Prevents hypertension: One dried fig gives you 129mg of potassium and just 2mg of sodium. This helps to prevent hypertension.
4. Rich in antioxidants: Dried figs are rich in antioxidants. The study also mentions that dried figs have superior quality of antioxidants, called phenols, compared to other fruits their antioxidant property to vitamin C and E.
5. Prevents heart disease: The high levels of antioxidants in dried figs help to eliminate free radicals in your body that can damage blood vessels and result in heart disease.
6. Prevention of Hypertension: Figs are high in potassium and at the same time low in sodium which is very useful to prevent hypertension.
7 . Prevents cancer: Antioxidant-rich dried figs also help in preventing cellular DNA damage due to free radicals that can make a cell cancerous.
8. Strengthen Bones:Figs are rich source calcium which helps in strengthening the bones.
9. Good for diabetes: The high fiber content in figs makes them good for people with diabetes. However, dried figs are high in sugar content.
10. Cures iron-deficiency anemia: Dried figs are a rich source of iron. One dried fig can give you 2% of your daily iron requirement.
11. Sexual Power: Figs have been used since ancient times as a cure for sexual weakness. Soaking figs in milk overnight and consuming it in the morning is said to be useful for enhancing sexual powers.
Figs are also best for the skin beauty treatment. Dark circles under the eyes can be removed by using its mask as well as removing fine lines and wrinkles.
1. Clean the skin with a ½ teaspoon of yogurt, rinse well.
2. Scoop the pulp out of a fig. Mash the contents, adding a little almond oil until it is smooth enough to apply.
Five minutes is long enough for the mask to remain. Rinse the face and add moisturizer.
Side Effects of Anjeer:
Skin contact with fig fruit or leaves can cause rash in sensitive people.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Fresh or dried fig fruit is safe in amounts found in food, but there’s not enough information to know if it’s safe in the larger amounts that are used as medicine.
Allergies. People who are sensitive to mulberry, natural rubber latex, or weeping fig might have allergic reactions to fig.
Diabetes. Fig might lower blood sugar. If you take fig by mouth and you have diabetes, monitor your blood sugar levels closely.
Surgery: Fig might lower blood sugar levels. There is some concern that it might interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgery. Stop using fig as medicine at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.