In Pakistan driving license is an authority given to any male and female of the minimum age of 18 years. This license can be obtained by applying to any traffic police office/licensing authority. Candidates have to pass through a series of tests to get this driving license. The test requires passing a computerized written test, followed by road signs test and the second test requires a practical test in which the candidate is tested to drive in narrow spaces and park in a narrow space.
Categories of License
In Pakistan, there are different kind of categories driving licenses as:
- Motor Cycle: Motor Cycle driving license valid for motorcycle only.
- Motor car: Motor car driving license is valid for a car, jeep and Delivery van.
- LTV: Light transport vehicle driving license is valid for a car, jeep, Mini bus and lightweight transport.
- HTV: heavy transport vehicle driving license is valid for buses, trucks, trailers and any type of heavy transport.
- Tractor Agriculture
- Motor Cycle Rickshaw
How to get Duplicate Driving License
Your driving license consists of a photographic plastic card and a paper counterpart. You must have a copy of your driving license. So that you have a backup of your driving in case of any lost, theft or damage of driving license. If you lose, deface, or destroy one or both parts, you can apply for the replacement or duplication of driving license. Due to this backup, you may not face troubles in case of loss or theft. It would be easier to locate about your license particulars from the record. This photocopy of your driving license will speed up the process of getting a duplicate license. The validity and the authority of duplicate license will be the same as of your previous license.
The procedure to get a duplicate license
The original issuing authority will issue your duplicate license. So to get the duplicate license you will have to attest and submit the following documents:
- Application form
- 1 copy of your original CNIC
- 2 recent passport size photo
- Medical certificate issued by the authorized medical practitioner
- Medical fitness certificate if the candidate is of the age 50 or above
- Report from computer section for computerized license
- Diary report of misplaced license from relevant Police Station and must be submitted within 15 days from report date
- Ticket of Rs. 150
Sample of the application form
You can download it from here.