Telenor Youth Forum 2015 previously known as Telenor Youth Summit is now accepting applications for their forum 2015 which will start at Oslo, Norway at the annual Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony.
The main idea behind this youth centric forum is to gather champions under a flag who are energetic, opinion leaders and want to control the future of Digital throughout the world. The new branding comes at a critical time when the Telenor Group wants to cheer open dialogue, knowledge sharing and learning among the participants of Forum this year.
Focus of the Telenor for this year’s forum is Knowledge for everyone. Telenor is looking for brilliant persons with extraordinary stories, insights and ideas for education. The key focus will be on the following questions.
- How does access to knowledge impact people, business and communities?
- Who benefits, who stands to lose, and how will societies transform when knowledge is easily and inexpensively available for all?
- What is the role of technology in bringing knowledge for all, and are there really limits to what technology can achieve?
26 shortlisted applicants from Telenor’s 13 local destinations in different countries will gather for the forum and Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony.
Requirements for application:
Before you start filling up the forms, some application requirements that needs to be fulfilled in any case. You should be:
- Between 18 and 28 years of age in 2015.
- Fluent in English.
- From one of these 13 countries: Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Denmark, Hungary, India, Malaysia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Norway, Pakistan, Serbia, Sweden, Thailand.
- Passionate about driving social, economic and/or environmental change in your community.
- With strong opinions with the selected forum topic and would like to share on a global stage.
Submission guidelines for application:
How to submit your application:
- Fill in your personal details, providing relevant information about yourself.
- Enter an essay in response to any ONE of the three questions provided.
- Upload your CV to the system. (If you have not used the Webcruiter system before, you will first be asked to create an account and log-in).
- After entering your personal information, you will see a prompt for ‘Summary’. This is where you can tell us why you should be selected as a participant for the Telenor Youth Forum 2015.
- Under the section ‘Application Text’, submit your essay that addresses one of the three questions provided. The essay questions will not be shown on the application form so please prepare the answer before entering the online system and state clearly which of the essay questions you are addressing (1, 2 or 3).
*Only English essays will be accepted.
After the submission deadline, all the selected candidates will be informed through email from Telenor Group. The candidates will be examined by local judges and Telenor officials. If you are lucky to clear this highly spirited step, you will be selected for the trip to Oslo, Norway where you will be able to ground your idea for ending in front of investors, judges and Telenor Officials.
July – Application opens.
September – Application closes.
September and October – Local and global assessment and selection of delegates to attend Telenor Youth Forum 2015 through a two – tiered process.
First Week of November – Announcement of final candidates for Telenor Youth Forum 2015.
Here is the link to the application form.