The Federal Government in collaboration with Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) has announced the schedule for Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2018.
According to notice hereby issued by the HEC: Online Registration/Validation for FY 2018 is Open till 20 April 2018.
Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2018 Advertisement
Guideline to Apply Online for Registration/Validation for Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2018
- Students who are newly admitted to Public Sector University in Spring/Fall Session (depending upon the university’s admission cycle) are required to apply through online student web portal system i.e. http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/ by the given deadline of HEC
- Newly registered are not required to validate their records.
- The focal person of the university will approve/disapprove ‘Newly Registered’ students by the given deadline of HEC.
- HEC, the office will scrutinize the data and look for any discrepancies and ineligible students.
- HEC will ensure payments to the students according to fee structure of the universities and approved heads of the Scheme
- Only approved students meeting the eligibility criteria of the Scheme will receive payment.
- Cheques are issued in the name of VC of respective universities/ financial aid offices. The universities are responsible for the disbursement of cheques to students.
- The process of disbursement is ensured through help desk portal where universities assign assets through helpdesk system.
- Subsequent payments are processed on receipt of satisfactory Fund utilization report from universities.
Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement 2018 New Registration
Go to URL: http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk
Click on the link as follows for New Registration
Following page will be opened. Now, Enter your verified CNIC and Click Submit to proceed.
If your record already exists in PMNLS you will see the following screen after entering CNIC
You will see the following screen, if your CNIC already exists in the system
Complete the form by filling the required fields
Fill the required fields in the academic form, carefully.
Now, verify your phone number and email id
i. Wait for some time, if you didn’t receive your mobile verification code immediately.
ii. Fields for writing verification codes will appear after entering the phone number or email.
(i) When you enter the verification code and click Verify Code button, green borders will appear if the email and phone number is verified.
After clicking Submit, you will see the following page
Students are not allowed to directly approach HEC office for the inclusion of names under the scheme. He/ She has to contact the focal persons of the universities in case any problem pertains to the online web portal system.
Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement 2018 Validation
Go to URL: http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk
Search city, university and enter your name. Click Check Status after selecting
Click on the link in front of your name i.e. Eligible but Validation Awaited or Incomplete
Fill the missing details in the form and enter your correct mobile number and email address for verification.
Note: Enter the correct CNIC, your validation will be based on the verification of CNIC
After Code Verification, green borders will appear which means that both mobile number and email is now verified. Then Click on Captcha
Enter the submit button after completing the form.
You will see this screen after submitting the form.
Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme Video Guide
Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- a) The Students having valid domicile/local certificate of specified areas under the Scheme
b)The students who are enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/MPhil programs in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions, located in the geographical territory of their Province/Region/Area
- c) The students who are enrolled in D. program in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions anywhere across Pakistan
- a) Students who are enrolled on self-finance basis or part-time basis are ineligible
- b) If Study period exceeds greater than approved duration under the Scheme, then the student expenditure will not be covered under the scheme
- c) Not availing any other scholarship under Provincial Government, Foreign donor or any other HEC Program (e.g. Indigenous Program, USAID scholarship)
- d) Any Bachelors or four years Bachelors Program will not be considered. g. LLB, MBBS, B.E, BBA, etc.
- e) The Scheme is only valid for the HEC recognized Public sector degree awarding institutions.
- f) Such Evening programs where fee structure is greater from the morning shift are excluded from the Scheme
- g) Such students who have financially benefitted under the Scheme at Masters/MPHIL/MS-level and applied for same level Program again in different university
Financial Coverage of Scheme
- Actual Tuition Fee (of Masters, MS/MPhil, and D. programs)
- On and Off Mandatory charges which include Registration Fee/Enrollment Fee, Admission Fee (For new admissions only), Examination Fee, Library charges(non-refundable), Laboratory charges, Research related academic activities only.
- Non-study related heads like transport fee, hostel fee, Sports fee, Endowment Fund, Equipment Fee, Health Fee or Any Refundable dues will not be paid.
Approved Study Duration in which Student can get financial benefit under the Scheme
|MS/M.Phil (Medical Universities)||2 Years minimum -3 maximum Years|
|Ph.D. (Natural Sciences)||5 Years|
|Ph.D. (Social Sciences & others)||4 Years|